[Air-L] Seeking references to philosophical perspective on digital culture and social media

Kevin Guidry krguidry at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 13:40:18 PST 2012

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 3:46 PM, Carmel Vaisman <carmelv at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would appreciate your help in finding papers and books that employ
> philosophical concepts to explain the impact of current technology or even
> predict human change based on social media and digital culture.

You may find some rich materials if you look into the literature
associated with the "Information Age"  e.g. Bell, Schement and Curtis.
 Most of the earlier works are economic in nature but there are
definitely philosophical ideas underlying them, even if those ideas
aren't always explicitly acknowledged by the authors.

There may also be some ideas in the literature related to the creative
class (e.g. Florida, Brooks) but most of it is very shallow so I'd
avoid it unless you really get desperate or your work takes you
specifically in that direction.

Kevin