[Air-L] seeking advice regarding research on photo-sharing websites

Nune Nikoghosyan nunenik at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 14:05:23 PST 2012

Dear Charles, Dear Jeremy and all those who have replied to me off-list,

Thank you all for your kind advice and consideration!
I'd just like to clarify one point: the site's content is completely
public, freely accessible to all visitors, with no need to create an
account. All you'd need in order to read (and, eventually, analyze) any
comments is to open the page and click on a photo. It's similar to viewing
a "public" photo on Flickr and reading the comments that follow, with no
need to sign in. So I didn't need to create an account for accessing the
material, nor did I need a permission for such an access. The (ethical)
question poses only now when it's about publication.

Thanks again,
Best regards,
Nuné Nikoghosyan