[Air-L] LGBTQ Internet/Social Networking Data Sets

Todd Harper laevantine at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 16:24:08 PST 2012

I don't know about quantiative work, but you'd be well served by looking at
the more qualitative work of people like Sharif Mowlabocus (and others, his
is just the name that comes to mind) on mobile apps like Grindr/Purpl/etc.
and the role they play in hook-up culture, compared to sits like the
notorious Adam4Adam, Manhunt, etc. I know Sharif presented a paper at IR10
a few years back, and there was a similar paper not that long ago at IR12
in Seattle.