[Air-L] Looking for gendered contributor statistics for online encyclopedias

Kristin Eckert keckert at jmail.umd.edu
Fri Feb 10 14:14:39 PST 2012

Hi AIR-Community,

I am finishing a study about the Wikipedia gender gap and am looking
for gendered contributor/editor/author statistics for other
online-based encyclopedias or similar enterprises such as Citizendium
and Everything2. I haven't had much luck looking around on their
original websites, their available statistics, our university's
databases, Google Scholar etc. and would be very grateful for any
hint.

Thank you very much & have a good weekend!

Best regards,
Stine Eckert

---

Stine Eckert
PhD Student
Philip Merrill College of Journalism | University of Maryland | Knight
Hall 2100N
College Park, MD 20742 | USA
keckert at jmail.umd.edu