[Air-L] software for online ethnography (Ashley Hinck)

Jason Zalinger jasonzalinger at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 15:18:00 PST 2012

Hi Ashley,
I have struggled with this question a lot, and I don't think there is one
solution. I would include Zotero <http://www.zotero.org/> to the list of
programs already mentioned. I use it for more than just bibliographic
management. You can save snapshots of sites to it, make notes, save pdfs
etc.

I'm also going to use this opportunity to shamelessly plug a chapter I
recently published about an instant messenger program designed for
ethnographers. "The Story of Ethnochat: Designing an Instant Messaging
Program to Conduct Semi-Structured or Unstructured Interviews"
http://www.igi-global.com/chapter/online-research-methods-urban-planning/62396

:)

-Jay