[Air-L] looking for references on online conversational analysis and discourse analysis

Wang Airong airong.wang at miun.se
Mon Feb 27 05:53:33 PST 2012

Dear list members,

I am looking for references on online conversational dynamics, who initiate the talk, who support the talk, who respond the talk, who end the talk, etc. I am trying to see how various factors such as gender, age, language proficiency, subject knowledge and culture, all contribute to relative power structures in the conversations, especially in 3D virtual world. I tried to find some references concerning conversational or discourse analysis , but have not got much. Thus, I am very appreciated that you have some recommendations especially about conversational or discourse analysis for online activities or 3d virtual world activities.

Best regards,
Airong Wang
Doctoral candidate, Sweden