[Air-L] seeking advice regarding research on photo-sharing websites

Dan L. Burk dburk at uci.edu
Sun Feb 26 21:21:46 PST 2012

To my knowledge, the *only* countries that have fair use are the United
States and Isreal.

Many other nations have specific statutory exemptions for scholarly uses
(part of what some Commonwealth nations call "fair dealing" -- not to be
confused with fair use) but by no means all, and the extent of the
exemption will vary by country.

I'm a little surprised that Denmark doesn't have a scholarship exemption,
but even within the EU/EEA there is pretty wide variation.

DLB