[Air-L] Electronic Textbooks

gerrymck gerry.mckiernan at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 10:06:52 PST 2012

List/

Thanks for your posting Michelle !

Since late November 2010, I have been actively involved in identifying
and documenting major/minor cites/sites relating
to  DigitalTextbooks, first through my blog _DT > Digital Textbooks_

[ http://digital-textbooks.blogspot.com/ ]

and more recently through a Mendeley bibliographic database [
http://www.mendeley.com/ ]. This database currently
contains ~ 1,500 records.

While the blog is public, the database currently is not. However, I do
post the most significant cites / sites in Facebook; Please feel free
to 'Friend' me.

Within the next week or so, I will be reviewing the blog and datasbase
for resources to identify major themes for a library presentation on
DTs that I will give at the end of this month.

At this time I plan an overview of major platforms, major initiatives,
and library-related projects.

I will self-archive the PPT slides and let the list know when the
presentation is available.

BTW: If there are any institutions / organizations interested in
hosting / sponsoring a presentation / workshop on DTs, I plan to
travel to Europe in mid-September 2012 to give a workshop (or two) in
France and Italy, and could be available to present in other venues.

I also can be available to present in North America this Spring / Summer / Fall.

Regards,

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor