[Air-L] About those focus groups and interviews invirtual worlds

Janet Salmons, Ph.D. jesalmons at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 06:57:11 PST 2012

 Hello AIR folk!

I've been reading with interest posts from those who have conducted
research interviews in virtual worlds. Going a step beyond the mechanics--
I am interested in your research purpose, design, and the ways you
addressed research ethics. I invite you to contact me off-list.
jsalmons at vision2lead.com

I recently published *Cases in Online Interview Research* with Sage. Of 10
cases, 4 focused on interviews in world. Two cases looked at aspects of the
interview process: interviewer effects, and digital identity issues. Two
explored inworld projects. Jonathon Richter,o ne of the contributors and I
will be giving a talk inworld with the  Applied Research in Virtual
Environments for Learning (ARVEL) group about his case-- and you are
welcome to join us: see “Studying the (Virtual) World of (Virtual) Work”
http://bit.ly/zTwL3E.

Warm regards,
Janet

*Janet Salmons Ph.D.*
*Capella University School of Business and Technology and Vision2Lead, Inc.
*Site- http://www.vision2lead.com
Follow Twitter at #einterview
Now available: Cases in Online Interview
Research<http://www.sagepub.com/books/Book235442>
PO Box 943
Boulder, CO 80306-0943
jsalmons at vision2lead.com