[Air-L] software for online ethnography

Ashley Hinck aahinck at wisc.edu
Fri Feb 17 15:06:47 PST 2012

Hi all,

Does anyone have a recommendation for software to use for online
ethnography? I'm looking for something to organize artifacts from a
variety of sources, including websites, tumblrs, forums, tweets,
interviews, etc. I don't necessarily need the software to help me
analyze data, but need something to help manage artifacts from a variety
of sources. I've been following the discussion of how best to archive
websites, but I was wondering if there might be software that can
integrate data from multiple platforms. I'm trying to construct an
archive of the online communication of a particular community that uses
multiple platforms.

Any help would be much appreciated. =)

-Ashley

--

Ashley Hinck

Teaching Assistant and PhD Student in Rhetoric

Communication Arts Department

The University of Wisconsin-Madison