[Air-L] Call for Papers: Community Informatics in China, a Library Trends special issue

Brian Zelip bzelip at illinois.edu
Mon Feb 20 12:20:29 PST 2012

*Please forward to your institutions, listservs, and networks, thank you*

*请在您的工作单位、邮件列表和社交网络中转发,谢谢*

CALL FOR PAPERS: LIBRARY TRENDS, International Journal of the Graduate
School of Library and Information Science, University of Illinois at
Urbana-Champaign

Special Issue on COMMUNITY INFORMATICS: THE CASE OF CHINA

征稿启事:《图书馆趋势》,美国伊利诺伊大学厄巴纳-香槟分校,  图书馆和信息科学研究生院国际期刊

《社群信息学》专刊:中国情况研究 (THE CASE OF CHINA)

Community informatics studies the use of information technology in and by
local, historical, organic communities.  We are concerned with IT use in
civil society, by ordinary people in their everyday lives, especially in
social groups.  Community is a crucial object of study because we all live
in communities, so we count on them being intact and cohesive.  Day by day
more people are using computers, cell phones, the internet and all kinds of
digital devices and software.  But at the same time digital divides persist
and even deepen, as early adopters race ahead of newer arrivals.  Other
dimensions of inequality continue to contribute to social exclusion as
well. To learn how our information societies can become inclusive and
sustainable, we need to draw lessons from all over the world.

With this issue, LIBRARY TRENDS is very pleased to take its first thorough
look at community informatics and at China.  The connection between
libraries, library and information science, and community informatics is
longstanding.  Today libraries are fighting for their budgets, Facebook is
the so-called community network of choice, and we need to use community
informatics to examine the world critically and constructively.

社群信息学研究信息技术在当地、历史、有机社区中的运用。我们关注信息技术如何在公民社会普通人的日常社会生活中、尤其是在社会群体当中,得到运用。社群
之所以成为一个关键的研究对象,是因为我们都生活在社群当中,因此我们希望自己的社群完整稳定并具有凝聚力。使用电脑、手机、
互联网和各种数字设备和软件的人群与日俱增。但与此同时,数字鸿沟也持续存在着,甚至更为加深――
因为先前的使用者总会比新加入者领先一步。其他方面的不平等也让社会排斥持续加剧。如果想要了解我们的信息社会如何可以变得具有包容性和持续性,我们需要汲取来自世界各地的经验教训。

带着这样一个问题,《图书馆趋势》非常高兴地首次将研究目光专注于社群信息学和中国。图书馆、图书馆和信息科学以及社群
信息学之间一直有着长期的联系。今天,图书馆都在争取预算,Facebook是所谓的社群网络的选择。我们需要运用社群信息学来对世界进行批判性和建设性的研究。

Proposals in English or Simplified or Traditional Chinese (<300 words) to
editor Kate Williams by 15 March 2012

2012年3月15日前,请将英语、简体中文或繁体中文(少于300字)论文提要提交给编辑 Kate WILLIAMS

A PDF of the complete call for papers is available at:

本次论文征集的PDF说明文档,可通过以下网页获取:

http://people.lis.illinois.edu/~katewill/cfplt.pdf

ftp://ciinchina:pkuiuc2012@ciinchina.35free.net/cfplt.pdf