[Air-L] Difference between social network analysis and analysisof social networks

Norman Pena norman.pena at paulus.net
Tue Feb 28 00:37:37 PST 2012

Thanks for the notes and resources shared.

1) There is something interesting in Hansen etc book on page 34 which speaks
of vertices: "Often they represent people or social structures... At other
times they represent content such as web pages, keyword tags or videos." The
research I am actually doing involves more the keyword tag categories rather
than people (whose identity as declared especially in YouTube is a bit
fluid).  Have you had experience in  an analysis of social media network
with content key word tag as vertices?

2) While it is possible to speak of difference between SNA and analysis of
social network, is there a possiblity of convergence for them too.  What
would be the common elements in this convergence if at all it is possible?

Thanks again.

Norman