[Air-L] Web surveys course at 1st GESIS Summer School in Survey Methodology

Lozar-Manfreda, Katja Katja.Lozar at fdv.uni-lj.si
Fri Jan 13 01:00:47 PST 2012

GESIS - Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences offers a new research methods training opportunity:

The 1st GESIS Summer School in Survey Methodology.

This event is designed for doctoral students and junior researchers who wish to conduct their own survey or to improve their understanding of the generation and quality of existing survey data. It will take place from August 9 to 25, 2012 at the University of Cologne, Germany.

The programme includes refresher courses, main courses around 10 themes, a stimulating evening as well as a social programme. One of the courses is "Web surveys" and more information is available here: http://www.gesis.org/en/events/gesis-sum<http://www.gesis.org/en/events/gesis-summer-school/programme/main-courses/web-surveys/>

The other course themes are:

  *   Questionnaire Design
  *   Complex Survey Sampling
  *   Measurement, Interview and Data Quality
  *   Mail Surveys
  *   Web Surveys
  *   Mixed Methods
  *   Vignette Analysis
  *   Nonresponse
  *   Cross-National Comparative Surveys
  *   Translation and Harmonisation in Cross-National Surveys

Online application has just started, so please go to our website for further information, a pdf brochure, and access to the application system. Also check out our facebook page!

We would be grateful if you could forward this information to potential participants.

Best wishes,

Silke Schneider and the GESIS Summer School team

--

Dr. Silke Schneider

Head, Knowledge Transfer Department

GESIS Summer School in Survey Methodology

GESIS - Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences

P.O. Box 12 21 55

68072 Mannheim

Germany

summerschool at gesis.org

www.gesis.org/summerschool<http://www.gesis.org/summerschool>

Katja Lozar Manfreda, Phd                                  doc. dr. Katja Lozar Manfreda
Assistant professor                                            Univerza v Ljubljani
University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Social Sciences      Fakulteta za družbene vede
Kardeljeva pl. 5, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia                Kardeljeva pl. 5, 1000 Ljubljana
Tel: +386 1 5805 313                                        Tel: 01 5805 313
Email: katja.lozar at fdv.uni-lj.si<mailto:katja.lozar at fdv.uni-lj.si>                               E-pošta: katja.lozar at fdv.uni-lj.si<mailto:katja.lozar at fdv.uni-lj.si>