[Air-L] ipad, laptop, desktop

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Sat Jan 14 18:15:59 PST 2012

Perhaps because I've been using one for 55 years, but I don't know why
anyone would abandon a proper keyboard for a glass iKeyboard.
Real keys seem more natural to me than glass keys or even handwriting (for
churning out long prose.
And using a clip-on keyboard with an iThing seems kludgy. Besides, the OS
is awful, wonders of Siri besides.

So when I am not using my desktop (just bought a 27" screen for better
editing), I am using a laptop (my old Lenovo Thinkpad X60) and eagerly
awaiting the advent of proper ultrabooks this summer. (Don't do Mac;
netbooks underpowered).

Just my .02. I ain't gonna argue with anybody, but curious to read others'
thoughts on this list.

  Barry Wellman