[Air-L] consent form for email exchanges

Peaslee, Robert robert.peaslee at ttu.edu
Tue Jan 10 11:18:26 PST 2012

My guess is that there will be some variability on this based on the
predilections of your institutional review board. My practice up to now
has been your former option in order to keep the consent form separate
from the data. But lately my IRB has been eschewing consent forms
altogether for exempt research (research that poses no reasonable risk) in
order to further minimize the possibilities for identification of subjects.

I'd check with your IRB coordinator and get some feedback there, since
you'll probably get a variety of answers here.

Best,
Rob

Robert Moses Peaslee, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor, Dept of Electronic Media & Communication
College of Mass Communications
Texas Tech University

robert.peaslee at ttu.edu
806 742 6500, x283