[Air-L] Writing and iPads

Annette Markham amarkham at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 09:58:37 PST 2012

Hi Greg,

I'll add to the growing list of interesting references.  Daniel Chandler
has a nice piece on the phenemonlology of writing by hand from 1992.  Not a
particularly systematic treatment of the question you're asking, but he
quotes many writers who talk about what handwriting means to them and how
they feel about typing or word processing.
http://www.aber.ac.uk/media/Documents/short/phenom.html

Cheers,

Annette

Annette N. Markham, Ph.D.
Visiting Scholar, Department of Communication
University of Arizona, Tucson

amarkham at gmail.com
http://markham.internetinquiry.org/

Co-Editor, International Journal of Internet Research Ethics
http://www.ijire.net <http://www.ijire.net>