[Air-L] Google privacy policy changes in 2012

Heather Maxie Federman hmfederman at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 09:19:35 PST 2012

In comparing the Washington Post article, it's always fascinating to see
how different media outlets will characterize the same news story:

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/01/24/google-to-update-its-privacy-policies-and-terms-of-service/?smid=tw-nytimes&seid=auto<https://exchange.brooklaw.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=dc657cbe0d214047ae7e6fa8d1b8f41f&URL=http%3a%2f%2fbits.blogs.nytimes.com%2f2012%2f01%2f24%2fgoogle-to-update-its-privacy-policies-and-terms-of-service%2f%3fsmid%3dtw-nytimes%26seid%3dauto>

“If you’re signed in, we MAY combine information you’ve provided from one
service with information from other services,” Alma Whitten, Google’s
director of privacy for product and engineering, wrote in a company blog
post. “In short, we’ll treat you as a single user across all our products,
which will mean a simpler, more INTUITIVE Google experience.”

Still trying to figure out what "intuitive" means...

--
*Heather Maxie Federman<https://plus.google.com/u/0/115860311404901597758/posts>
*

ph: 201.952.1094