[Air-L] Design Journal Study - Article in print. Directory to follow.

Ken Friedman KenFriedman at groupwise.swin.edu.au
Mon Jan 9 20:32:51 PST 2012

Dear Colleagues,

The study on design journals by Gerda Gemser, Cees de Bont, Paul
Hekkert and myself is now in print in Design Studies.

Gemser, Gerda, Cees de Bont, Paul Hekkert and Ken Friedman. "Quality
perceptions of design journals: The design scholars’ perspective."
Design Studies, Volume 33, Issue 1, January 2012, Pages 4–23.

You will find it in the digital resource collection of your library
at:

    http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.destud.2011.09.001

We have received several requests for a compilation of information on
the journals we used in the study. We are now working on this. The
compilation will be a directory of design journals giving editorial and
publishing journal information on each journal with a web site for every
journal. The PDF will have active links so that you can go directly from
our compilation to the journal web site. The information we provide will
hopefully make journal selection easier while providing useful
information on appropriate venues for specific kinds of articles. We
hope to release the directory in April.

Until we release the directory, you can reach all the journals in our
article via journal web sites or your own library. The directory will
make all the information easily accessible in one place.

We appreciate the wide interest this article has been receiving. We
welcome queries and comments. Please send questions or comments to the
corresponding author, Dr. Gerda Gemser of Delft University of
Technology.

  g.gemser at tudelft.nl

We will announce the release of the Directory of Design Journals as
soon as the document is complete.

Best regards,

Ken

Professor Ken Friedman, PhD, DSc (hc), FDRS | University Distinguished
Professor | Dean, Faculty of Design | Swinburne University of Technology
9214 6078 | Faculty www.swinburne.edu.au/design