[Air-L] Early career fellowships - Internet / media

Matthew Allen M.Allen at exchange.curtin.edu.au
Mon Jan 16 22:31:34 PST 2012

Dear all

The Australian Research Council annually funds a number of early-career researcher fellowships through its DECRA scheme (http://www.arc.gov.au/ncgp/decra.htm ). While the process is highly competitive, strong applicants with a good track record of publication and a solid proposal can be successful in gaining these positions (normally for three years). Fellowships are located at an Australian university and the application will be submitted via that university.

I am seeking well-qualified early career researchers, preferably with at least 2 years' experience post-PhD (and no more than 5 years), who wish to apply through the DECRA process for a fellowship to be taken up within the Department of Internet Studies, Curtin University.

Please be aware that the process of application involves quite a bit of work and deadlines are tight. We will not support applicants who do not have strong publications records, nor from people whose PhD is not yet awarded (just being realistic ... it significantly limits your chances of success).

There are two critical deadlines set by Curtin university:

by 20 January you must submit a notification of interest to me (email me for a copy of the NoI form)
by 24 February you must submit your full application (if approved to do so) to Curtin

If you wish to apply, email me at your earliest convenience and complete the NoI I return by Friday this week.

Professor Matthew Allen
Head of Department, Internet Studies, Curtin University
Life member, Association of Internet Researchers http://aoir.org
Fellow, Australian Learning and Teaching Council
Visit me at: http://netcrit.net. Follow me @netcrit

v: +61892663511 f: +61892663166
CRICOS Provider Code 00301J (WA), 02637B (NSW)