[Air-L] Writing and iPads

Greg Wise Greg.Wise at asu.edu
Fri Jan 13 14:59:38 PST 2012

Hello, all,
A friend of mine who is a writer of fiction is wondering about the effects on one's prose of writing on an iPad v. desktop/laptop, and was looking for either studies that have been done, or anecdotal accounts from (literary) writers. So far most of the anecdotal stuff out there is about which apps to use, and few are reflecting on if there are changes to one's writing. And it's probably too soon for any systematic research to have been done. But I thought I'd check.

Cheers,

Greg

Dr. J. Macgregor Wise
Associate Dean
New College of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences
Arizona State University
4701 West Thunderbird Road
Glendale, AZ 85306-4908
(602) 543 6646; (602) 543 4565 (fax)