[Air-L] Writing and iPads

Jeremy hunsinger jeremy at tmttlt.com
Sat Jan 14 09:37:41 PST 2012

There are two different angles that I see here, there is the angle of
Paleography or the study of handwriting, and thus digital paleography,
which has been discussed on the Humanist list which is an old digital
humanities list that is still quite popular.  I only know of one or
two people doing this work actively.

then there is the question of studies of rhetoric, composition,
research practices, etc. etc. that go into the modes of productions of
the work, and those are huge well established fields that have been
around since the 1950's.   Though the modes of research is less
popular by far than the other two, there is a book every few years
that considered aspects of that.

so Ipads... I don't actually write on mine, i do compose music
sometimes, but I don't even use it to answer email unless it is my
only option.   I'm as such wondering about what is really changing and
where with respects to pad culture, whether ipad, or not, and
'writing' .

I used google scholar in the humanities and social science side and
put in ipad and composition, and found.... quite a bit...  too bad i
have to go back and finish like 8 other projects before i can allow
myself to get curious about another:)