[Air-L] ipad, laptop, desktop

Pablo Garaizar Sagarminaga garaizar at deusto.es
Sun Jan 15 09:02:59 PST 2012

Hello everyone,

On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 10:31:58 -0600 Jim Parker <drjparker at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > People didn't like the feel of an electric typewriter compared to a
> > manual typewriter, people didn't like the feel of a computer
> > keyboard compared to an electric typewriter, fill in the blanks.

I'll fill in the blanks (O:-)): People didn't like the feel of a mobile
keyboard compared to a computer keyboard, so they tried to improve it
by different two approaches: Blackberry's full qwerty keyboard and
iOS/Android/WP7/whatever's virtual keyboard. As none of them were
better than the previous keyboard in terms of performance or
extra-features, people tended to write one-line emails with them and
wait to go home to continue their flame-wars ;-D

IMHO a touch screen is great replacing a mouse and maybe a graphics
tablet (i.e., 2D devices), but it needs to be improved (maybe with some
kind of haptic feedback) to be good enough to compete with a computer
keyboard.

Best regards,

--
  Pablo Garaizar Sagarminaga