[Air-L] Day of #SOPA Protest

Charles Ess charles.ess at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 06:49:50 PST 2012

Another dimension of all of this - though one not so apparent to me via "the
media" while I was in the States over holidays and for a recent conference,
but certainly articulated on this side of the pond - are the risks of such
legislation for giving one country excessive power of the use of the
Internet as a global medium.
It would be interesting to see - if only for the sake of polling, rather
than necessarily riling up debate (who has time - we're researchers...) -
what different perspectives are apparent to listmembers living and working
outside the U.S. Borders, and how far they may reflect not simply national
political agendas, but also distinctive culturally-variable norms,
practices, communicative preferences, etc.
Just curious - in any event, thanks for the link.
charles (obviously not going on email strike ...)