[Air-L] Looking for Journal Articles/Book Chapters on Co-Creation, Prosumerism, and Playbor

John McAuley john.mcauley at cs.tcd.ie
Mon Jan 23 23:14:28 PST 2012

FYI:

Books:

The Wealth of Network by Benkler (2008)
Wikinomics by Tapscott and Williams (2006) (and to a lesser extent
Macrowikinomics)
Governing the Commons by Ostrom (1999)
The penguin and the leviathan by Benkler (2011) (much more accessible than
his previous work, so more favourable for undergrads, I'd imagine)

Papers:

Coase’s Penguin, or, Linux and The Nature of the Firm by Benkler (2002)
Collective Action and the Evolution of Social Norms by Ostrom (2000)
Managing the virtual commons by kollock and smith (1994)
The Hidden Order of Wikipedia by Viégas and Wattenberg (2007)
Which Kind of Collaboration Is Right for You? by Pisano and Verganti (2008)
Wikipedia and authority by o'Neill (2010)
Crowds and Communities: Light and Heavyweight Models of Peer Production
by Haythornthwaite (2008)
Cooperation in collective action by Bandiera, Barankay and Rasul (2005)
The Reader-to-Leader Framework: Motivating technology-mediated social
participation by Preece and Shneiderman (2009)

Rgds,