[Air-L] Understanding Sequencing in Social Network Communications

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Sun Jan 15 07:49:42 PST 2012

Just published by Mo, Guang Ying and me in Bulletin de Methode
Sociologique (a Sage journal), number 113 (Jan 2012).

Abstract:

Sequencing is an indispensable decision-making process during information
flows. This paper proposes the conceptualization of sequencing to
understand how and why information senders prioritize some network members
when they communicate with others. We examine the usefulness of this
conceptualization with data collected from GRAND, a scholarly network. The
concept of sequencing enables researchers to explore the decision-making
process that occurs prior to information flows and link individuals’
behavior to the social context.

I'm sure Mo would be delighted to send you reprints:
oliviamo at hotmail.com

  Barry Wellman