[Air-L] Please participate / share: Survey about online ratings and recommendations sites

Axel Bruns a.bruns at qut.edu.au
Sun Jan 22 19:25:36 PST 2012

Dear AoIRists,

My PhD student Barbara Gligorijevic is currently conducting a survey on the use of product ratings and recommendations sites in making purchasing decisions about digital technology products. We would very much like to encourage you to participate; it would be great if you could pass on the survey details to your friends, colleagues, and students as well. Participants who choose to leave their email details will have the chance to win a prize !

The survey is located at: http://bit.ly/qutsurvey

More details:

Have you recently purchased or do you plan to purchase a digital technology product - such as a personal computer, laptop, tablet, mobile phone, digital camera, game console, MP3 player, TV, or DVD player? Have you recently visited product reviews and ratings sites, or sites of manufacturers and retailers of digital technology products? If so, we are interested in your views. We are investigating how users of digital technology products use reviews and ratings sites to search for information about products, and how these sites impact on purchasing decisions. We would like to invite you to contribute to our online survey.

Background and disclaimer:

The survey is completely anonymous and your name will not be connected to your identity. The questionnaire is in no way linked to you personally or your e-mail address.  The data collected is safely stored and only the researcher has direct access to it. The length of the questionnaire is approximately 10-15 minutes, but feel free to take as much time as you need to think about your answers. A progress bar will inform you about your progress. Once you have completed the questionnaire, there will be no option to withdraw your answers from the survey. Entering the questionnaire is considered to be an indication of your consent to participate in this project. A consent mechanism in the form of an "I accept" button will be used at the beginning of the questionnaire.
If you don't understand a question, or if you are not comfortable with answering a particular question or if the question does not apply to your case, please skip it. If your answer is not listed, please use the option "other" and write it in the space provided.

This is independent research conducted by PhD candidate and researcher Barbara Gligorijevic at the Queensland University of Technology and Smart Services Cooperative Research Centre. If you are interested in the results of this research and would like to receive a report, please leave your contact details at the end of the questionnaire. If you have any questions or need clarification, feel free to contact the researcher at the following e-mail address: barbara.gligorijevic at qut.edu.au.

Thank you for taking the time to participate in this survey.

Many thanks in advance !

--
Dr Axel Bruns              http://snurb.info/ - http://produsage.org/
ARC Centre for Creative Industries and Innovation  http://cci.edu.au/
Associate Professor, Media & Communication         a.bruns at qut.edu.au
Creative Industries Faculty, Z1-515, CIP     Twitter: @snurb_dot_info
Queensland University of Technology                    +61 7 31385548
Musk Ave, Kelvin Grove, Qld. 4059, Australia       CRICOS No.: 00213J