[Air-L] Open access sites that charge

Johnson, Thomas J tom.johnson at austin.utexas.edu
Wed Jan 4 11:12:30 PST 2012

I was just asked to be an editor for an article for the Sage Open Access space.  Sage currently charges about $350 for an article to appear in the open area space.  First, I am not quite sure how this works.  Articles are reviewed and presumably revised, but is the review process actually meaningful? That is, can a poorly reviewed article still get in the Open Access space or is space such as this only reserved for peer-reviewed articles? Would you recommend being an editor for an arrangement such as this? Tom