[Air-L] Technology as ideologically neutral?

Robert Kozinets rkozinets at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 11:07:36 PDT 2012

Hi Charles, and AoIRists,

This is a terrific bibliography already. I grappled with a very similar
concern a few years ago in the context of technology consumption, read
many/most of the works cited here, and wrote an article directly on this
point. Here is the reference:

 Kozinets, Robert V. (2008), “Technology/Ideology: How Ideological Fields
Influence Consumers’ Technology Narratives.” *Journal of Consumer Research*,
34 (April), 864-881.

The paper's references also offer some additional new readings beyond those
mentioned here.

If anyone would like a pdf of the paper, email me directly and I'd be happy
to send it.

Best Regards,
Rob.

--
Robert V. Kozinets
Professor of Marketing, Chair of Marketing Dept.