[Air-L] Technology as ideologically neutral?

Marcus Leaning Marcus.Leaning at winchester.ac.uk
Thu Jul 5 07:40:37 PDT 2012

Hi Charles,
A couple of old but good ones@

Bruno Latour's article which he published under the Johnson pseudonym:

Johnson, J. (1988). Mixing Humans and Nonhumans Together: The Sociology of a Door-Closer. Social Problems, 35(3), 298-310.

Daniel Chandler's Shaping and Being Shaped Engaging with Media article from 1996 in the Journal of CMC http://www.december.com/cmc/mag/1996/feb/chandler.html

Andrew Feenberg's articles and books: Questioning Technology,

And my own very meagre submission  Marcus Leaning (2009)The Internet Power and Society: Rethinking the Power of the Internet to Change Lives, Chandos: Oxford.

Which is neither landmark nor foundational but, you never know, may be of some small use.

Best,

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Leaning
Head of Department