[Air-L] Informatization?

Alexander Halavais halavais at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 10:40:49 PDT 2012

I have largely seen this term used in Japanese (in which the -ization
suffix is a lot less cumbersome), and used in the sense of other
developmental -izations, like "modernization,"  "industrialization," and
"internationalization," to refer to public policy designed to encourage
changes in social and economic structure. I have seen it used in other
contexts--e.g., by IGOs--but always assumed for some reason it was borrowed
from the Japanese.

Alex