[Air-L] Air-L Digest, Vol 96, Issue 9

Venessa Paech nessa.paech at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 06:15:24 PDT 2012

Hello everyone,

I'm a long time listee, first time poster. Be gentle with me :-)

I wanted to let those of you in the Southerm Hemisphere (or looking to
take a trip), know about swarm 2012: http://swarmconference.com.au/

swarm is Australia's national online community management conference,
launched last year in Sydney and returning this year in Melbourne.

Though the event is for online community professionals, we have a
strong trans-disciplinary focus to ensure the discussion isn't
dominated by marketers.

It's important to us to connect practitioners with the best research
in this area, and likewise, introduce those practitioners to academics
who want to deepen their knowledge of front line, online community
realities. Collaborative, robust exchange is central to our mission.

We've assembled some fantastic contributors, including Community
Manager at the Huffington Post, Justin Isaf; Global Head of Community
for Yammer, Maria Ogneva; and Head of Internet Studies at Curtin
University, Matthew Allen. If last year is anything to go by,
discussions will be diverse and rich.

We'll also be announcing the results of the inaugural survey of
Australian and NZ community managers, which we hope will yield some
interesting results (there's been little or no bench-marking in this
part of the world around online community management to date).

Earlybird tickets for the event are now on sale and I'd love to see
you there if you can make it.

We'll have live blogging, tweeting around #swarmconf, and expect to be
able to offer post-event content for you.

Keep well - and do let me know if you're planning to attend (you can
email me off list).

Venessa Paech

Founder and Co-Chair
swarm - Australia's Online Community Management Conference

m: + 61 435 217 315
t: @swarmconf
t: @venessapaech
w: www.swarmconference.com.au