[Air-L] "Cybersecurity" or "Cyber Security"?

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Tue Jul 3 06:39:35 PDT 2012

I'm not sure there's an official standard -- even in USG/DOD circles I see it used as one word for titles/policies/documents but then use the two word version within the text.

FWIW saying I normally see it as one word.  Two words tends to be used as an adjectivial descriptor, akin to "chemical plant security"  "food security" "internet security"  "economic security" etc.  (I also notice that the two-word variant tends to show up more in marketing circles.)

Both are accepted usages but IMHO the one-word term is the more 'formal' term.

-- rick