[Air-L] Informatization?

Katja Mayer katja.mayer at univie.ac.at
Sun Jul 8 07:26:26 PDT 2012

Dear list members,

if you hear or read "informatization", how would you contextualize this
term?

I am asking this, because I have a rather specific idea of what
informatization entails (a rather quantitative, technocratic context,
looking for measurements of technological diffusion and impact on
labour, e-commerce and other fields...) and I would like to know more
about other approaches.

Are there any other connotations? Maybe in french literature? (Since the
term was used in the 1978 presidential report by Nora/Minc:
L'informatisation de la societe.)

Thanks for your assistence,
Katja

---