[Air-L] Digital Media position at Lehigh U

Jack Lule jack.lule at Lehigh.EDU
Thu Jul 19 15:39:11 PDT 2012

Greetings, Friends,

We are now advertising a very interesting job opportunity in Digital
Media in the journalism department at Lehigh University.

We are looking for a tenure-track assistant professor -- newly-minted
Ph.D. or a few years in rank -- who is dedicated to research and
teaching on how digital and mobile media are transforming community and
social life. An ability to teach visual aspects of journalism, such as
videography, photography, and/or design, would be great.

The teaching load is just two courses per semester, research support is
ample, and salary and benefits are highly competitive. The department
has offered a small undergraduate program of superior quality since
1927. The university ranks 38 among national universities in the 2012
U.S. News & World Report ratings and is located on a scenic, 1,600-acre
campus in historic Bethlehem, eastern Pennsylvania, just 90 minutes from
New York and Philadelphia.

Please feel free to contact me with questions. Information on the
department is at http://www.lehigh.edu/journalism

Candidates can apply at Academic Jobs Online:
https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/1608

I will also be at the August AEJMC convention in Chicago if people would
like to chat.

Thanks for the consideration and best wishes to all.

Jack

Jack Lule
Professor and Chair, Journalism and Communication
Director, Global Studies
The Weinstock Center for Journalism
33 Coppee Drive, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA 18015
Phone: (610)758-4177; Fax: (610)758-6198
www.lehigh.edu/globalization
www.lehigh.edu/journalism