[Air-L] Using screen captures in Thesis paper

Dan L. Burk dburk at uci.edu
Tue Jul 10 15:46:06 PDT 2012

Er -- I don't want to beat a horse once it's down, but the PRC copyright
statute, so far as I can tell, has an enumerated list of user privileges
and exceptions of the sort found in most countries.  It does NOT (so far
as I can tell) have a fair use provision of the sort list members were
previously discussing.  Taiwan does.

Referring to enumerated privileges and exemptions as "fair use" is going
to confuse people.  I realize some commentators have (unfortunately, and
sloppily) begun doing so, but it is well worth resisting the temptation to
follow suit.

DLB

--
School of Law