[Air-L] WCEIT2012 - a real conference?

Brabham, Daren C dbrabham at email.unc.edu
Mon Jul 16 03:37:35 PDT 2012

No - don't submit to it. I've received emails from "wendy" inviting me to present a paper at a conference in Dalian, China, and the conference URL was the same bitconferences.com link. They include a paper I've already published by name in the invitation - they want me to present that paper, even though most legitimate conferences I've seen don't want you to present work you've already presented or published elsewhere.

I've tried unsubscribing from their email list 3 time with no success. Wendy keeps emailing...

On a related point, if you haven't seen this list of predatory open access journals, you should give it a look. It's maintained by a librarian at U. Colorado-Denver: http://metadata.posterous.com/83235355

db

---
Daren C. Brabham, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, School of Journalism & Mass Communication
Editor, Case Studies in Strategic Communication | www.csscjournal.org
Carroll Hall, CB 3365
Chapel Hill, NC 27599
(801) 633-4796 (mobile)