[Air-L] Informatization?

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 12:31:10 PDT 2012

I'm fairly sure it is an anglicization of the French "informatisation"...
Which if I'm not mistaken was first used in the Nora/Minc Report

L'informatisation de la société: rapport à M. le Président de la République

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapport_Nora-Minc and wikipedia even seems to
have had the same thought :)

Informatization - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Informatization -

Origin of the term. The term informatisation was coined by Simon Nora and
Alain Minc in their publication L'Informatisation de la société: Rapport à
M. le ...