[Air-L] Using screen captures in Thesis paper

AureA Memotech aurea.memotech at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 14:29:17 PDT 2012

In Europe, we have the reference of Berne Convention article 10 the use of
illustrations for teaching
for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works but Gaia Online is from
CA.

http://www.wipo.int/treaties/en/ip/berne/trtdocs_wo001.html#P144_26032

Article 10

Certain Free Uses of Works:
1. Quotations; 2. Illustrations for teaching; 3. Indication of source and
author
(1) It shall be permissible to make quotations from a work which has
already been lawfully made available to the public, provided that their
making is compatible with fair practice, and their extent does not exceed
that justified by the purpose, including quotations from newspaper articles
and periodicals in the form of press summaries.
(2) It shall be a matter for legislation in the countries of the Union, and
for special agreements existing or to be concluded between them, to permit
the utilization, to the extent justified by the purpose, of literary or
artistic works by way of illustration in publications, broadcasts or sound
or visual recordings for teaching, provided such utilization is compatible
with fair practice.
(3) Where use is made of works in accordance with the preceding paragraphs
of this Article, mention shall be made of the source, and of the name of
the author if it appears thereon.