[Air-L] Retrieving, saving and organizing users' posts from multiple online social platforms

Danilo Giambra giada375 at student.otago.ac.nz
Wed Jul 18 14:38:32 PDT 2012

Hello AIR members!

My name is Danilo Giambra and I am a PhD Candidate at the University of Otago, New Zealand. My research focuses on Japanese New Religions online communication, and in particular looks at religious communication over the Social Networks.

I need to collect posts and tweets (in Japanese) of users from multiple social platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and Mixi.jp. I would also like to build a private database containing the collected data, so that they remain searchable and can be analyzed later.

Would you have any suggestion about 1) how to save users' contributions (possibly including pics and geospacial info)?, 2) how to create a database like this, and which software to use (open source or affordable options preferably)?

Thank you very much for your kind help,

Regards,

Danilo
--