[Air-L] Any room for our new social software!

Peter Gloviczki glovi002 at umn.edu
Thu Jul 26 05:52:25 PDT 2012

Good morning, Laetitia,

Organizations like this one are a good start, you might consider
attending the AOIR yearly conference and networking with others about
your ideas. Other associations (ICA-International Communication
Association, comes to mind) would also provide you with the chance to
discuss your ideas with interested people. This software sounds
promising, and I hope you'll continue developing this work.

Kindly, Peter

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 5:22 AM, laetitia le chatton
<laetitia.lechatton at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear scholars,
>
> I am a freshly gradutated master student in digital culture (ex humanistic
> informatics) from the University of Bergen in Norway. I presented a master
> thesis describing the vision I had of a new kind of social software you
> will find different from the existing twitters, facebook and co.
> Me and my small team of engineers have been developing the Socrator :
> "Upload your idea and make it chat!"
>
> Shortly, the Socrator is a motor for conversations
>
> - some users create and store interactive conversations on any topic,
> uploading all kinds of multimedia material they find necessary to the
> conversation
> - other users are meant to have these conversations: they access this
> material by having a chat with the Socrator
>
> -Søkrat was a java desktop prototype for 2 years during the elaboration of
> my master thesis
> -now the Socrator is becoming web technology and will have much more
> elaborated skills ( sept 2012 first version)
>
> I was wondering if any of you heard about strategies to get financial
> support in IT projects from the European Union (i am French) or from
> scandinavian governments (but the whole team leaves in Norway)
>
> Naturally; I am also open to propositions for articles or conferences
> I could use as a platform to describe the Socrator technology
>
> The student lifestyle doesn't get what big ideas are about! hehe
> Looking forward to see your answers
> private email at laetitia at socratons.com
>

> --
> Laetitia