[Air-L] tools to extract data from Facebook public pages and open groups

Wkzander wkzander at mtu.edu
Fri Jul 13 17:27:16 PDT 2012

Peter,
You and me both... ;) I use Adobe Acrobat Pro to create an image file that I can place comments on. Adobe will sort the comments by color.

Good luck!

Wendy

Wendy K. Z. Anderson
Assistant Professor
Department of Humanities
Michigan Technological University
http://www.hu.mtu.edu/~wkzander

---------
Sent from my iPod-pls excuse typos or concise language

On Jul 13, 2012, at 11:43 AM, Peter Gloviczki <glovi002 at umn.edu> wrote:

> Hi, everyone,
>
> I'm probably in the minority, but I like doing textual analysis, or
> content analysis, by hand. I find that it encourages closer engagement
> with the material. Excel works remarkably well for this process.
>
> Peter
>

> On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 8:37 AM, Shulman, Stuart <stu at texifter.com> wrote:
>> http://discovertext.com/ can do the job
>>
>> http://discovertext.com/aboutdt/media.aspx#DiscoverTextVideo/5/ is a demo
>> video
>>
>> https://discovertext.com/registration.aspx is the free registration page,
>> connect with Facebook to archive public FB content and metadata
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 8:32 AM, Hale, Timothy M. <TMHALE at partners.org>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> I am looking for a tool that will extract content from Facebook public
>>> Pages and open Groups. I am not interested in collecting user profile data
>>> or conducting any type of network analysis - although tools that can
>>> collect additional data that fits my needs might work. Ideally, I am
>>> looking for a tool that can collect from specified Pages/Groups the entire
>>> set of comments and posts to the Page/Group, and if possible, "Likes" and
>>> other forms of user activity.
>>>
>>> I am considering a research project analyzing content of Pages and Groups
>>> and would like an alternative to creating PDFs and manually entering data.
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help!
>>> Tim
>>>

>>> The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person to whom it
>>> is
>>> addressed. If you believe this e-mail was sent to you in error and the