[Air-L] Predatory journals

Brabham, Daren C dbrabham at email.unc.edu
Mon Jun 11 10:28:47 PDT 2012

Some of you who subscribe to CRTNet saw a discussion of predatory journals a week or two ago. In case you didn't see it, though, you should check out this list of predatory open access journals maintained by a U. Colorado-Denver librarian: http://metadata.posterous.com/83235355

I know every discipline has a different culture about this kind of thing, but with great online journals in our field that are truly free and open access (e.g., First Monday, International Journal of Internet Science, Game Studies), I honestly don't know why anyone would want to send their work to a pay-to-publish vanity press.

db

---
Daren C. Brabham, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, School of Journalism & Mass Communication
Editor, Case Studies in Strategic Communication | www.csscjournal.org<http://www.csscjournal.org>
Carroll Hall, CB 3365
Chapel Hill, NC 27599
(801) 633-4796 (mobile)