[Air-L] the next step

Sean Goggins s at goggins.com
Mon Jun 18 03:41:07 PDT 2012

A paper abstract to the list would be helpful, along with a clear
statement about how recommenders might be used here.  In terms of
scholarly impact, there are efforts being made (this week) at the acm
altmetrics workshop to imagine new ways of measurement.

Group lens at Minnesota published a good deal about recommenders a
decade ago. There is now an acm conference dedicated to recommenders.
One challenge is that starring systems tend to compress ratings near
the top in practice.

See the links below.

http://chronicle.com/article/As-Scholarship-Goes-Digital/130482/

http://altmetrics.org/altmetrics12/

http://recsys.acm.org/2012/

Thanks!

Sean P. Goggins, Ph.D
http://www.groupinformatics.org
Visit http://www.sociotech.net
Phone: (215) 948-2729

change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
-- Margaret Mead

"The most effective way to do it, is to do it."
-- Amelia Earhart