[Air-L] Berkman Jobs: Project Manager, Lead Platform Manager, Senior Systems Architect, and Junior Web Developer

Rebecca Tabasky rtabasky at cyber.law.harvard.edu
Thu Jun 7 12:55:00 PDT 2012

Hi all,

The Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University has
three new job listings for which we are now accepting applications.
These technically-inclined leadership positions will provide the right
candidates the chance to join Berkman's dynamic community in our
collaborative exploration of some of the Internet's most interesting,
challenging, and compelling issues, and the freedom and responsibility
to help direct our cutting-edge initiatives.

We are excited to launch our search for the following positions:
** Project Manager
<https://sjobs.brassring.com/1033/asp/tg/cim_jobdetail.asp?jobId=880847&PartnerId=25240&SiteId=5341&type=mail&JobReqLang=1&recordstart=1&JobSiteId=5341&JobSiteInfo=880847_5341&gqid=0>
* Senior Systems Architect
<https://sjobs.brassring.com/1033/asp/tg/cim_jobdetail.asp?jobId=881344&PartnerId=25240&SiteId=5341&type=mail&JobReqLang=1&recordstart=1&JobSiteId=5341&JobSiteInfo=881344_5341&gqid=0>
* Lead Platform Manager
<https://sjobs.brassring.com/1033/asp/tg/cim_jobdetail.asp?jobId=881338&PartnerId=25240&SiteId=5341&type=mail&JobReqLang=1&recordstart=1&JobSiteId=5341&JobSiteInfo=881338_5341&gqid=0>*

In addition, we are still accepting applications for a:
** Junior Web Developer
<https://sjobs.brassring.com/1033/asp/tg/cim_jobdetail.asp?jobId=865430&PartnerId=25240&SiteId=5341&type=mail&JobReqLang=1&recordstart=1&JobSiteId=5341&JobSiteInfo=865430_5341&gqid=0>*

Berkman's committed and tight-knit community
<http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/people> encourages serious fun and
creativity, supports deep inquiry, values novel approaches to solving
problems, strives for transparency, continually builds upon
best-practices and lessons learned, and is supportive of individual and
collective goals.  We look forward to growing our community with people
who will thrive in and contribute to our unique, fulfilling
environment.  To learn more about the Berkman Center, please visit the
Berkman site <http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/>.

Short descriptions for these positions can be found below; full
descriptions can be found in the Harvard Human Resources system.
Applications must be submitted through the Harvard site.

As ever, we are thankful for your help in sharing these opportunities
with your networks - please forward this note and/or share through other
networks (we've tweeted these opportunities
<https://twitter.com/berkmancenter/status/210780763141050368>).  If you
are, or know, a strong candidate for one of the below positions, we most
welcome you to reach out!

All best,
Becca

---

*Project Manager
<https://sjobs.brassring.com/1033/asp/tg/cim_jobdetail.asp?jobId=880847&PartnerId=25240&SiteId=5341&type=mail&JobReqLang=1&recordstart=1&JobSiteId=5341&JobSiteInfo=880847_5341&gqid=0>:*
The Center is looking to hire a Project Manager to drive forward a
diverse portfolio of Berkman's research projects; support critical
institutional initiatives; and provide high level, strategic management
to project teams, focusing on systems/efficacy of the efforts.  The
project manager will have a broad skill set, including deft management
abilities, project team coordination and experience with direct
supervision and mentoring; extensive research and writing experience;
adaptive workflow management; event planning and implementation; and
outstanding writing and verbal skills.  In addition, the project manager
will have outstanding interpersonal skills; a proven capacity to work
independently and as a team member; sound judgment; and exceptional
ethical standards.  For this role, we have a strong preference for
technological interest and experience, ideally managing projects that
rely on technical tools or platforms and experience with guiding
technical development processes.  For a full description of the
responsibilities, qualifications, and application instructions, please
visit the Harvard Human Resources Project Manager listing

<https://sjobs.brassring.com/1033/asp/tg/cim_jobdetail.asp?jobId=881344&PartnerId=25240&SiteId=5341&type=mail&JobReqLang=1&recordstart=1&JobSiteId=5341&JobSiteInfo=881344_5341&gqid=0>*Senior
Systems Architect
<https://sjobs.brassring.com/1033/asp/tg/cim_jobdetail.asp?jobId=881344&PartnerId=25240&SiteId=5341&type=mail&JobReqLang=1&recordstart=1&JobSiteId=5341&JobSiteInfo=881344_5341&gqid=0>*
and *Lead Platform Manager
<https://sjobs.brassring.com/1033/asp/tg/cim_jobdetail.asp?jobId=881338&PartnerId=25240&SiteId=5341&type=mail&JobReqLang=1&recordstart=1&JobSiteId=5341&JobSiteInfo=881338_5341&gqid=0>:*
Berkman seeks leadership in the planning, design, and implementation of
a novel approach that aims to increase the robustness of Internet
communication and reduce the vulnerability of websites to deliberate
attack.  This project is a key component of a future, new, robust
Internet and is an enabler for free and open online expression, disaster
recovery, and load balancing in any online arena.  For this project, the
Berkman Center is considering two possible candidate profiles: either a
very hands-on technologist to work as a Senior Systems Architect or a
skilled project manager to work as a Lead Platform Manager. Both
iterations of this role are listed and we ask interested candidates to
please apply to the one that best suits you.

The Senior Systems Architect
<https://sjobs.brassring.com/1033/asp/tg/cim_jobdetail.asp?jobId=881344&PartnerId=25240&SiteId=5341&type=mail&JobReqLang=1&recordstart=1&JobSiteId=5341&JobSiteInfo=881344_5341&gqid=0>
is a very hands-on technical position. The candidate must have
demonstrated expertise in complex, multi-tiered application development
and displayed experience developing large-scale applications.  The
Senior Systems Architect will own the roadmap for this project and must
collaborate with project managers and technical team on features,
requirements, and critical technical decisions. She or he will produce
and review high-level, detailed technical designs for architecture
enhancements and additions; review code with developers and ensure
adherence to coding standards; write and execute test cases at various
phases of the project. As well, she or he will be responsible for the
progress of the project during research, pilot and implementation
phases.  For a full description of the responsibilities, qualifications,
and application instructions, please visit the Harvard Human Resources
Senior Systems Architect listing
<https://sjobs.brassring.com/1033/asp/tg/cim_jobdetail.asp?jobId=881344&PartnerId=25240&SiteId=5341&type=mail&JobReqLang=1&recordstart=1&JobSiteId=5341&JobSiteInfo=881344_5341&gqid=0>.

The Lead Platform Manager
<https://sjobs.brassring.com/1033/asp/tg/cim_jobdetail.asp?jobId=881338&PartnerId=25240&SiteId=5341&type=mail&JobReqLang=1&recordstart=1&JobSiteId=5341&JobSiteInfo=881338_5341&gqid=0>
will own the roadmap for the Internet Robustness project and must
collaborate with technical leads on features, requirements, and critical
technical decisions. She or he will be engaged in strategic discussions
with 3rd party software projects working in the same arena, and will be
responsible for the progress of the project during research, pilot and
implementation phases. This position will work closely with the entire
project team, including Berkman Center staff and Principal Investigator,
and will oversee the contributions of junior staff and Research
Assistants.  A passion for Internet freedom and history of delivering
great products are instrumental for this role. A specific focus on tools
for network health, network proxies, routing robustness and/or network
circumvention is helpful, but any background in managing a complex
development project may be considered.   For a full description of the
responsibilities, qualifications, and application instructions, please
visit the Harvard Human Resources Lead Platform Manager listing
<https://sjobs.brassring.com/1033/asp/tg/cim_jobdetail.asp?jobId=881338&PartnerId=25240&SiteId=5341&type=mail&JobReqLang=1&recordstart=1&JobSiteId=5341&JobSiteInfo=881338_5341&gqid=0>.

*Junior Web Developer
<https://sjobs.brassring.com/1033/asp/tg/cim_jobdetail.asp?jobId=865430&PartnerId=25240&SiteId=5341&type=mail&JobReqLang=1&recordstart=1&JobSiteId=5341&JobSiteInfo=865430_5341&gqid=0>:*
Our Geek Cave is in a phase of exciting expansion, and, along with the
above additions that will all touch and work with the technologists on
staff, we are still accepting applications for a junior web developer.
We welcome applications from adaptable, flexible and persistent geeks
who love clean, well-designed code and who want to help us expand our
Blogs at Law platform.  The successful candidate will support a growing
WordPress installation, develop web-based applications and build UIs,
and create technical and end-user guide documents.  In concert with
others, the developer will interface with clients. The developer will
need to keep current with tools and technologies of open source
software. He or she will work as part of a team and support other
developers on their projects.  For a full listing of the
responsibilities, qualifications, and application instructions, please
visit the Harvard Human Resources Junior Web Developer listing