[Air-L] What Steve Jones taught me

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Fri Jun 15 07:55:52 PDT 2012

Was Patience

I was on AoIR's first executive and got involved in its Toronto
conference.

We needed to define what AoIR would be like and to deal with urgent
Toronto issues.

Steve handled all calmly, even in the Sky is Falling days.

Thanks

  Barry Wellman

   Just published: NETWORKED: The New Social Operating System.
   Lee Rainie and Barry Wellman. MIT Press.
   http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?ttype=2&tid=12791
   http://www.amazon.com/Networked-New-Social-Operating-System/dp/0262017199/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1325258020&sr=1-1
   http://www.amazon.ca/Networked-New-Social-Operating-System/dp/0262017199/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1336697601&sr=1-4