[Air-L] CATaC'12 keynote on Egypt and social media today - follow on Twitter

Charles Ess charles.ess at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 21:50:21 PDT 2012

Dear AoIRists,

Those of you interested in but unable to attend the CATaC'12 conference this
year (<catacconference.org>) may get some nuggets from Twitter: #CATAC12

I'm hopeful this will be useful especially with our opening keynote this
morning (+1 GMT) by (AoIRist) Dr. Rasha Abdulla (American University of
Cairo): "Lessons from Egypt: The roles and limits of social media in
political activism and transformation."

In light of recent events, most especially today's (inofficial) victory of
Muslim Brotherhood candidate Mohamed Morsy as first elected President of
Egypt, Dr. Abdulla's comments should be of particular interest.

Cheers and all best,
- charles ess
--
Professor MSO
Media Studies, Institute for Aesthetics and Communication

³At vove er at miste fodfæstet for en stund, ikke at vove er at miste
sig selv² [To dare is to lose one's footing for an hour; not to dare is to
lose oneself]- Kierkegaard