[Air-L] the next step

Murray Turoff murray.turoff at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 04:34:15 PDT 2012

Jeremy, we actually found this to be a problem when we started legitech in
the 70's because everyone wanted to ask for answers to questions but very
few responded.  Then we put in a membership list showing who had supplied
how many answers and who had asked how many questions.   This changed the
behavior to almost everyone putting in answers when they good.   In some
very active problem solving networking on the web, among professionals in
various software areas they use voting on how a good a solution is by the
people seeking answers and the degree of expertise among the problem
solvers becomes quite evident.   so it is really a question of how you
design the feedback to encourage active participation.
One could add star voting to this conference to vote on the value of
contributions!

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 1:20 PM, Jeremy hunsinger <jeremy at tmttlt.com> wrote:

> we have in the past had all of those tools.   want to why we don't use
> them much?... because you don't use them.  you use the list, and that
> is about all you use.
> --

*Distinguished Professor Emeritus
Information Systems, NJIT