[Air-L] Call for papers: Losing Momentum? Current Challenges in Learning and Technology - Oxford University - 14/06/12

James Robson james.robson at gtc.ox.ac.uk
Thu Mar 8 09:13:23 PST 2012

Hello all,

I've been lurking on this list for a while now and have learned so much - thank you!

Some people here involved in education and the Internet/ technology may be interested in this one day student conference at Oxford University Department of Education on the 14th June 2012.  The conference will critically discuss the transformative potential of new technologies (like Web 2.0, mobile learning etc.) for learning and will explore whether the potential and promises of these new technologies have led us where we expected it to.

See full details below and register/ submit papers online - www.losingmomentum.org<http://www.losingmomentum.org>

Thanks
James

James Robson
Doctoral Researcher
Oxford University Department of Education
15 Norham Gardens
Oxford
OX2 6PY

CALL FOR PAPERS
Losing momentum? Current challenges in learning and technology
Thursday 14th June 2012
Department of Education, University of Oxford
www.losingmomentum.org<http://www.losingmomentum.org>

The Learning and New Technologies Research Group at the University of Oxford Department of Education is holding a one-day conference for doctoral students.

The conference is an opportunity to network, present research and receive feedback from other doctoral students working in a similar area.

Conference theme

The developed world has passed through a period of intense excitement and expectation about the transformative potential for learning of new technologies, such as Web 2.0 and mobile learning, but have these promises led where expected? During this day we will explore more nuanced realities about new technologies and learning current in various settings and contexts. Keynote speakers include Neil Selwyn (Department of Culture, Communications and Media at the Institute of Education, London), Martin Oliver (Knowledge Lab, Institute of Education, London) and Avril Loveless (Education Research Centre, University of Brighton).

Topics of Interest

Topics of particular interest include:

• inequalities
• personalisation
• trajectories
• contexts and boundaries
• identity
• expertise

We encourage abstract submissions from all students in any year of their doctoral studies. Presentations will be 15 minutes long with 5 minutes for questions and discussion.

Key dates

• Deadline for submission of 500 word abstract: 30th March 2012
• Successful presenters informed: 27th April 2012
• Deadline for registration: 1st June 2012

Visit www.losingmomentum.org<http://www.losingmomentum.org> to find out more, to submit your abstract or to register.