[Air-L] FW: [JoCI] New Issue: Community Informatics and Older Persons

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 19:00:49 PST 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: michael gurstein [mailto:gurstein at gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2012 3:27 PM
To: ci-research-sa at vcn.bc.ca; cracin-canada at vancouvercommunity.net
Subject: FW: [JoCI] New Issue: Community Informatics and Older Persons

The Journal of Community Informatics has just published its latest issue at
http://ci-journal.net/index.php/ciej. We invite you to review the Table of
Contents here and then visit our web site to review articles and items of
interest.

Thanks for the continuing interest in our work,

Michael Gurstein, Ph.D.
Editor in Chief: Journal of Community Informatics,
Vancouver CANADA
Phone 604-602-0624
gurstein at gmail.com

The Journal of Community Informatics
Special Issue: Community Informatics and Older Persons
Table of Contents http://ci-journal.net/index.php/ciej/issue/view/33

Editorial
--------
Community Informatics and Older Persons: The Necessary Connection
	Michael Gurstein, Ph.D.

Overview: Technology and Aging Issue
	Gene. Loeb

Articles
--------
Revisited: Communication Media Use in the Grandparent/Grandchild
Relationship
	Ulla Bunz

What Seniors Value About Online Community
	Oliver Kisalay Burmeister

Sustaining Online Communities Involving Seniors
	Oliver Kisalay Burmeister,	Ros Foskey,	June Hazzlewood,
Ray Lewis

Tele-Physical Examination and Tele-Care Systems for Elderly People
	Maiga Chang,	Jia-Sheng Heh,	Hwei-Nung Lin

"I communicate with my children in the game": Mediated Intergenerational
Family Relationships through a Social Networking Game
	Yunan Chen,	Jing Wen,	Bo Xie

Can The Nintendo Wii(tm) Sports Game System Be Effectively Utilized In The
Nursing Home Environment: A Feasibility Study?
	Justin W.L. Keogh,	Nicola Power,	Leslie Wooler,	Patricia
Lucas,	Chris
Whatman

Life-Based Design Against Loneliness Among Older People
	Jaana Leikas,	Pertti Saariluoma,	Rebekah Ann Rousi,
Erkki Kuisma,	Hannu
Vilpponen

Roadblocks and Resolutions in the Technological Journey
	Norma J Linton

Online Communities As A Resource In Older Adults' Tourism
	Galit Nimrod

Recareering happily ever after: An analysis of job transition storytelling
in AARP message boards
	Elizabeth Louise Spradley

Tomorrow's Seniors: Technology And Leisure Programming
	Lynda Jeanine Sperazza, Ph.D., CPRP,	Jason Dauenhauer, Ph.D.,
MSW,	Priya
Banerjee, Ph.D.

Case Studies
--------
A Case Study: Growing Community Partnerships with a Service-Learning
Intergenerational Computing Course
	Jean F Coppola

Older Adults and Video Communications: A Case Study
	Susan O'Donnell,	Kerri Gibson,	Betty Daniels,	Mary
Milliken

Notes from the field
--------
Broadband project for the aging in Victoria
	Paul Gerard Budde

Older and Online: Enhancing social connections in Australian rural places
	Helen R Feist,	Kelly Parker,	Graeme Hugo

Ageing, Vision Impairment and Digital Inclusion in Ireland
	Blaithin Anna Mary Gallagher,	Emma Murphy,	Antoinette Fennell

Seniors Skyping: A Professional, Academic, and Community Collaboration
	Adrian Kok

Empowering Chronically Ill Patients and Caregivers using Remote Monitoring
Technology
	Jeremy Rich,	Janelle Howe,	Lori Larson,	Chan Chuang

Reports
--------
Serving Seniors with Simple Technology - From Indoor to Outdoor Emergency
Support and Care
	Carmen Ng

The Getting Illinois Low Income Seniors and People with Disabilities Online
Demonstration BTOP SBA project: A Case Study
	Don Samuelson,	Jim Ciesla

Community Radio Provides Elderly a Platform to Have Their Voices Heard in
rural Macha, Zambia
	Gertjan van Stam,	Fred Mweetwa

Points of View
--------
How Not to Forget Your Next Appointment: Use Technology to Combat the
Effects of Aging
	Brian D. Beitzel