[Air-L] FW: Two Post-doc Researcher Positions

Kendall, Lori loriken at illinois.edu
Mon Mar 19 04:57:25 PDT 2012

I'm forwarding this announcement for David Šmahel. See below for full description of the positions. For further information, please email him (smahel at fss.muni.cz).

Lori Kendall

-----Original Message-----

Dear colleagues,

I would like to inform you that our Research Institute is looking for two
post-docs who will work in our team focusing on the Internet and Cyberspace.

I would very appreciate your help, if you could send my e-mail to possible
post-docs or students just before dissertation (latest July 1st, 2012).

Thank you.
All best,
David Smahel

---
Assoc. prof. David Smahel, M.Sc. et Ph.D.
editor of:
Cyberpsychology: Journal of Psychosocial Research on Cyberspace
www.cyberpsychology.eu

Institute of Children, Youth and Family Research
Faculty of Social Studies
Masaryk University (www.fss.muni.cz)
Jostova 10, 602 00 Brno
Czech Republic
New book: Digital Youth: The Role of Media in Development (Springer, 2011)

Two Post-doc Researcher Positions focusing on Internet and Cyberspace

----

Masaryk University, Brno, the Czech Republic is accepting applications for a
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow position for three years, beginning September
1, 2012 (date negotiable). The successful candidate will work in
international interdisciplinary team which is part of Institute for Research
on Children, Youth, and Family, Faculty of Social Studies, Masaryk
University, http://www.cyberpsychology.eu/team

The successful candidate will lead independent research in the team and will
also cooperate in our ongoing projects. The candidate should teach one
course per semester, but his/her main focus will be on carrying out
research, writing publications, and also applying for new grants. The ideal
research background should be in psychology, media studies, communication or
sociology, but we are also open to other candidates with strong research
knowledge. The Post-Doctoral Research Fellow is offered a salary of
22'000-27'000 EURO/year which covers very reasonable housing and any other
expenses one might have.

Possible areas of interest:
   - online risks for children and adolescents,
   - online communication,
   - online relationships and sexuality in the virtual environment,
   - cyberbullying and online harassment,
   - online addictive behavior, excessive internet use,
   - online gaming,
   - online communities
   - virtual worlds

The position is open to applicants from all countries meeting the following
criteria:

1. The applicant must have Ph.D. not more than three years old (received
between March 28th, 2008 and July 1st, 2012)
2. The applicant must be fluent in English
3. The applicant must be able to engage in collaborative research
activities, have strong record of research publications, and record of
projects which s/he leaded or was participated in.

Candidates should send us following information:

1. Detailed CV with a list of publications (sorted by: journals with impact
factor, other peer reviewed journal, book chapters, books, presentations)
2. Two letters of recommendation
3. Research proposal (2 pages long)

Please, submit the documents in electronic form to David Smahel
(smahel at fss.muni.cz) before April 15, 2012